Monday, January 9, 2017

of Mexican Murals and Architecture


I had a change in plans that landed me in Oaxaca. This is a mural on a wall at the University of Oaxaca. I was down there with Darby to help him hobble around and see the sites after fracturing his heel in Mexico City. I loved having time with Darby and his passion for architecture led us on some outings that I wouldn't have known about or even thought of. We sat in churches, wandered around  structures, he sketched, I stared. We got to see Mom and Kenny for a visit in Oaxaca, again in Zapotitlan, and again in Mexico City. Seeing this mural made we want to see more so we wen to the Palacio national and Chapultepec park to gaze at the mesmerizing murals of Diego Rivera. I'll post more pictures soon and I think I just might deactivate facebook and confine my posting to this blog...you're all my favorite people anyway.

No comments: